Membership in OWL
League Member Benefits
Volunteers are needed in assisting refuge personnel with some of their daily activities and special projects OWL volunteers may find themselves maintaining canoe and boat trails throughout the swamp, rebuilding boardwalks, banding baby red-cockaded woodpeckers, doing bird counts or assisting at the OWL bookstore and gift shop in the Visitor's Center. These are only a few of the ways that our volunteers show their support. By becoming a member of OWL, you too can register to become one of these volunteers.
OWL members also receive a 10% discount on items purchased in the bookstore and gift shop. We have a large variety of t-shirts, hats souvenir items, etc. You will also find a wide variety of books pertaining to the local folklore as well as interesting histories of the Okefenokee Swamp and the people that settled this area.
Every year in May, OWL members gather for their annual recognition meeting to honor and recognize outstanding volunteers of the year.
Complete a membership application and return it to us as soon as possible. (Right-click and choose "Save As", then open, print and mail.)
Levels of Membership
- Woodstork - (Single Member) With a $10.00 donation, you will receive the quarterly newsletter, a OWL pin or patch.
- Great Blue Heron - (Single Member) With a $50.00 donation, you will receive the quarterly newsletter and an OWL t-shirt.
- Sandhill Crane - (Family Membership) With a $100.00 donation, you will receive the quarterly newsletter, OWL pin or patch, t-shirt and a one-year duck stamp.
- Red-Cockaded Woodpecker - (Life Membership) With a $300 donation, you will be a lifetime member of OWL and will receive the quarterly newsletter, OWL pin or patch, t-shirt, a lifetime membership certificate, and permanent pecognition at the Visitors Center at ONWR.
- Gator - (Corporate Membership) With a $500 or more donation you will receive the quarterly newsletter and a corporate membership plaque to proudly display in your place of business.
All donations to OWL are tax-deductible.
"Use what talents you possess; The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."
- William Blake